Job: Production Assistant
Parlee Cycle’s (Parlee) Production Assistant will work as an employee on the Beverly-based in-house production team, working in various roles to assist in the fabrication of high-end custom bicycle frames, forks, and parts to the highest levels of quality and performance. This role requires close collaboration with the Operations Manager and production team, a high level of attention to detail, and a desire to build a wide array of skills while learning the trade of building bicycles and associated parts.
The Production Assistant therefore contributes to the production of our built-to-order performance frames in a variety of roles utilizing tools, knowledge, and an understanding of the process to achieve the desired outcome. The objective of this role is multi-faceted and will require an individual who is a capable problem solver and motivated by the opportunity to learn and grow while building a best-in-class bicycles with like-minded craftspeople. This role is an individual contributor role and is not responsible for the direct management of employees.
- Personally manage, perform, and oversee various aspects of bicycle frame and parts building in house, with work varying by production team needs and sales demand
- Assist in the layout, cutting, and layup of carbon fiber in molds
- Sand, drill, and shape unfinished frames by applying skills and knowledge of precision instruments, machines, and equipment.
- Work with meticulous attention to detail, including working from order sheets as well as verbal instructions
- Identify the type and sequence of operational procedures needed to work on a variety of different product types
- Selects appropriate machine or tool necessary for any given task
- Ability to take and utilize precise measurements for drilling, gluing, or shaping frames or parts into finished products
- Quality control and assurance based on defined specifications, with documentation thereof and utilizing production checklists
- Attitude that reflects a dedication to and focus on team performance and goal-oriented actions in a time-bound environment
- Desire to improve both work quality as well as work efficiency
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment and equipment
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- High level of dexterity and hand eye coordination, including the ability to grasp and manipulate tools and production materials