Job: Paint Assistant
Parlee Cycle’s (Parlee) Paint Assistant will work as a key employee on the Beverly-based production team, working to finish high-end custom bicycle frames, forks, and parts to a quality and performance level that creates paint and/or graphic-ready parts. This role requires close collaboration with the Operations Manager and Lead Painter, attention to detail in the finishing process, and a sound understanding of the painting and finishing process of bicycles and associated parts.
The Paint Assistant therefore contributes to the final product of our hand painted frames using knowledge, and a sound understanding of the desired finish level required. The objective of this role is to assist in the finishing of frames using a variety of techniques to prepare the frame to pass paint quality control. The team member should be motivated by the opportunity to learn and grow while finishing best-in-class bicycles with like-minded craftspeople.
This role is an individual contributor role and is not responsible for the direct management of employees.
- • Personally manage, perform, and oversee all aspects of bicycle finishing in house, with work varying by production team needs and sales demand
- • Prepare unpainted frames by applying skills and knowledge of precision instruments, machines, and equipment.
- • Work with meticulous attention to detail, including working from order sheets as well as verbal instructions
- • Identify the type and sequence of operational procedures needed to complete a variety of types of finishes
- • Selects appropriate machine or tool necessary for any given task
- • Quality control and assurance based on defined finish specifications, with documentation thereof and utilizing production checklists
- • Attitude that reflects a dedication to and focus on team performance and goal oriented actions in a time-bound environment
- • Desire to improve both work quality as well as work efficiency
- • Maintain a clean and orderly work environment and equipment
- • Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- • High level of dexterity and hand eye coordination, including the ability to grasp and manipulate tools to assist with finishing frames
Skills and Qualifications:
- • Have or willing to quickly attain mechanical and/or technical skills
- • Display a high level of attention to detail
- • Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- • Ability to Perform repetitive tasks throughout the day
- • Ability to work an 8-hour shift while standing
- • Capable of reliable and punctual attendance
- • Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude
- • Strong communication skills
- • Highschool diploma or GED
- • Previous painting experience, preferred
- • Previous experience with carbon fiber or other composites, preferred
- • Previous experience/knowledge of cycling/bicycles, preferred