Job: Production Finisher
Parlee Cycle’s (Parlee) Production Finisher will work as a key employee on the Beverly-based production team, working to finish high-end custom bicycle frames, forks, and parts to a quality and performance level that creates paint and/or graphic-ready parts. This role requires close collaboration with the Operations Manager and production team, attention to detail in the finishing process, and a sound understanding of the manufacturing and finishing process of bicycles and associated parts.
The Production Finisher therefore contributes to the final product of our built-to-order performance frames using tools, knowledge, and a sound an understanding of the desired finish level required. The objective of this role is to finish frames using a variety of techniques to prepare the frame to pass quality control and move to the paint and/or graphics next steps. The team member should be motivated by the opportunity to learn and grow while building a best-in-class bicycles with like-minded craftspeople.
This role is an individual contributor role and is not responsible for the direct management of employees.
- Personally manage, perform, and oversee all aspects of bicycle finishing in house, with work varying by production team needs and sales demand
- Sand, drill, and shape unfinished frames by applying skills and knowledge of precision instruments, machines, and equipment.
- Work with meticulous attention to detail, including working from order sheets as well as verbal instructions
- Identify the type and sequence of operational procedures needed to finish a variety of different product types
- Selects appropriate machine or tool necessary for any given task
- Ability to take and utilize precise measurements for drilling, gluing, or shaping frames into finished products
- Quality control and assurance based on defined finish specifications, with documentation thereof and utilizing production checklists
- Attitude that reflects a dedication to and focus on team performance and goal oriented actions in a time-bound environment
- Desire to improve both work quality as well as work efficiency
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment and equipment
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- High level of dexterity and hand eye coordination, including the ability to grasp and manipulate tools to sand frames